Originally founded in 1926 as the Wells Manufacturing Company of Three Rivers, Michigan, William F. Wells designed and produced a line of hinge type metal cutting bandsaws. Two of the early models remained so popular that they have continued in production even to this day. In 1949 Mr. Wells sold the company and formed W.F.Wells & Sons, also in Three Rivers, Michigan. There, he developed a twin column, true horizontal bandsaw (see www.wfwells.com.) In 1986 the Wellsaw bandsaw division of Wells Mfg. Corp. was purchased and moved to Kalamazoo, Michigan. Today Wellsaw, Inc. and W.F. Wells, Inc. work together as sister companies under common ownership.